The Panasonic MK-G20NR is perfect for home use and many customers use it regularly, while others use it during hunting season to grind large quantities of venison. It has an 180-watt motor which is powerful enough to ensure a grinding speed of approximately 2 pounds of meat per minute. The good thing about this is that even busy people are able to find time to grind enough meat for a meal. Indeed, this efficient grinding speed allows the busiest people to grind for several meals and then freeze for later use. A built-in circuit breaker to prevent motor burnout has been included in the design. Additionally, all parts with the exception of the meat feeder, which is plastic, are made from durable, quality metal.
Meat grinders are increasing in popularity these days as more people seek to maintain control of the foods they use, in terms of what is added and the quality of meat used. It is not really possible to know what is added to store bought hamburger and in many cases, the quality of meat used is often less than stellar. By grinding your own meat, you can use the choicest cuts, or blend various meats such as pork, chicken or beef, for example.
The three different sized cutting plates provide plenty of variation too, and in conjunction with the sausage attachment, it is possible to quickly create a variety of recipes using a variety of meats. Cleaning is easy too as the unit disassembles quickly and the grinder cap is easily removed to begin the process. Hand washing is recommended to ensure the unit is thoroughly clean between uses. It also aids in extending the life of the product.
Features of the Panasonic MK-G20NR Meat Grinder
- Design – a well-made meat grinder from Panasonic that is ideal for home use
- Motor – is 180-watts so is able to easily handle grinding jobs for domestic purposes
- Grinding Speed – is efficient and can grind 2 pounds of meat per minute. This means that grinding tasks can be completed quickly, especially if you have a large quantity planned, such as after a hunting trip.
- Materials – cutting blades are stainless steel, while other parts are made from heavy duty metal. The meat feeder is not of metal construction. This indicates quality construction and ensures that rust can be avoided over the lifetime of the unit.
- Cutting Plates – three are provided, being fine, medium and coarse. The different sizes ensure that there is sufficient variation available to provide the appropriate grind to suit a variety of recipes.
- Hopper – is also made of metal and is large. This helps to ensure that grinding speed remains efficient and fast.
- Safety Features – a circuit breaker is installed to prevent motor burnout, thus ensuring longevity of the machine
- Cleaning – hand washing is recommended and the grinder is easy to break down in order to facilitate this. Hand washing also ensures thorough cleaning.
NOTE – the product is built to North American Electrical Standards and unless otherwise indicated, is intended for use in the United States and Canada.
TIP – it the care instructions are followed, such as lubricating the metal parts of the grinder, then the life of the grinder will be enhanced.
- sausage attachment
- meat feeder
- some recipes
Measures: 16.4 x 9.2 x 7.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 8 pounds
Item No: MK-G20NR
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
What’s Great About the Panasonic Meat Grinder?
- Comes with plenty of attachments
- Has a strong motor
- It’s durable
- Doesn’t rust
- Quality product
- Great for grinding large batches of meat
- Grinds meats quickly
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Perfect for home use
- Competitive price
- Well made
- Sleek, attractive appearance
What’s Not so Great
- Not suitable for grinding bone
- Some customers thought the motor was weak
Customer Feedback and Reviews
Feedback for the Panasonic Meat Grinder is excellent and we give it a 4.4 out of 5 rating. Things customers like about it include its price, speed, power, lightweight sleek appearance, easy disassembly and clean functionality, as well as its reliability and durability.
A few customers found that it was not suitable for making pet food due to its inability to process bone. To read more about what customers had to say, you can read their reviews here.
The Panasonic MK-G20NR Meat Grinder is available online and you can find the latest price for it here. The majority of customers found this meat grinder to be a value for their money purchase as it met their requirements in terms of functionality, durability and performance. Based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend the Panasonic MK G20NR as a reliable meat grinder for home use.