The Weston #8 pro series meat grinder is a solid unit that is ideal for processing wild game, venison and other meats while also doubling as a sausage stuffer. It is powered by a ½ HP motor to ensure fast and efficient processing of large quantities of meat, both wild and domestic. It is designed to grind between four to six pounds of meat per minute so the processing of large volumes quickly is exceptional as well as being easy.
The addition of the sausage stuffing funnels really makes the Weston meat grinder a great value for the money because you are not restricted to using the ground meat for hamburger only. You get to choose between three different sizes of sausage too.
The motor is permanently lubricated for long term performance and is also air cooled so that long term, safe use is assured. As you would expect from a commercial grinder designed for processing large quantities, the hopper is larger than usual so as to facilitate large quantity processing.
Features of the Weston #8 Butcher Meat Grinder
- Design – a compact commercial meat grinder that doubles as a sausage stuffer
- Suitable For – anyone who requires a grinder that is capable of processing large quantities of meat. It is especially useful for hunters and commercial uses.
- Motor – is a powerful 1/2 –horsepower (350-watt) motor that is permanently lubricated and air cooled. Ensures fast, easy grinding.
- Grinding Plates – two grinding plates are provided: coarse (7mm) and medium (4.5mm), these being the sizes that best suit high volume, high speed grinding. They are made from quality stainless steel for durability and performance.
- Sausage Stuffing Funnels – three are included: 20mm, 30mm and 40mm which provides plenty of choice for sausage sizes
- Settings – On / Off functions are available, but no speed variations
- Grinding Tray – is extra- large and made from stainless steel. It is also rectangular in shape for easy handling of large quantities of meat.
- Patent Pending Head Design – the head design is offset so as to allow maximum meat flow and it also has a locking knob to keep it securely in place
- Materials – the grinding gears are all metal to ensure optimal grinding performance
- Storage – attachments can be conveniently stored inside the stomper. The compact design of the unit also facilitates convenient storage on either a countertop for ongoing use, or in a cupboard.
- Handle – this is of sturdy construction and makes it easier to carry and/or transport if required.
- Cleaning – the head can be disassembled for cleaning
- Circuit Breaker – this will automatically shut off the motor in the unlikely event that a malfunction or overload should occur. It will prevent damage and subsequent costly repairs
- Rubber Feet – this non-slip feature ensures the grinder remains stable and doesn’t move while in use
Specifications for the Weston Meat Grinder
- Measures: 18.9 x 13 x 20.5 inches
- Weighs: 39 pounds
- Item model number: 09-0801-W
- Warranty: Five Year Limited Warranty
What’s Great About this Pro Series Meat Grinder?
- Quality product and worth the more expensive price
- Very powerful
- Works very quickly
- Ideal for large quantities
- Easy to put together
- Doesn’t slow down when used for an extended period
- Quiet operation
- Can grind small bones
- Powerful motor
What’s Not so Great
- Dismantling the head for cleaning is not always easy
Customer Feedback and Reviews
This grinder from Weston has received quite a number of outstanding reviews from customers. Things we like about the grinder include its sturdy build and quality motor, as well as its quiet operation. We also enjoy the ability to handle large quantities of meat in a short amount of time. We thought that while its price was more expensive than other grinders, it was worth it for the overall quality and performance.
To read about what customers had to say you can read their reviews here.
The Weston #8 Butcher Series Meat Grinder is available online and you can check the latest price for it here. Customers who bought this grinder feel it is a value for the money purchase because of its overall quality and performance, and inevitably found the price to be acceptable. Based on my review and Weston meat grinder reviews from customers, we are pleased to recommend it.