The KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment has been designed to increase the versatility of a KitchenAid mixer. If you do not want the expense of a dedicated meat grinder and need something suitable for domestic use, this attachment is ideal. It isn’t intended for only grinding meat, you can utilize the coarse grinding plate for things like dried fruits, cheese and firm vegetables. The fine grinding plate is perfect for making bread crumbs and grinding cooked meat for making spreads.
The food grinder is compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer with a power hub and if you have meat grinder, it is worth considering other attachments like a sausage stuffer for even more versatility. If you are seeking to increase the versatility of your stand mixer, these attachments are ideal.
Check Price and Availability on Amazon
Features of the KitchenAid Meat Grinder
- Design – a food grinding attachment for a KitchenAid mixer
- Suitable For - making bread crumbs, blending dips, salsas, spreads, grinding meats and grating cheese
- Grinding Plates - a fine and coarse grinding plate are included for variety and flexibility
- Compatibility - any KitchenAid stand mixer with a power hub can be used for this attachment, immediately increasing the versatility of your stand mixer
- Cleaning - most parts can be cleaned in a dishwasher although it is advisable to hand wash the grinding plates, cutting knife and stomper
TIP – cut meat into cubes and place them in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes for an easier grind without clogging
Measures: 4 x 7 x 7 inches
Weighs: 2.1 pounds
Item No: FGA
Warranty: one year replacement warranty
What’s Great about the KitchenAid Attachment?
- Easy to assemble
- Robust and sturdy build
- Easy to attach
- Easy to clean with warm water and soap
- Can store grinding plates inside the screw cap
What’s Not so Great
- Approximately 10% of customers found metallic shavings in with the ground meat and felt the grinder had a design fault
Customer Feedback and Reviews
This KitchenAid Grinder Attachment has received an incredible number of excellent reviews and is a testament to its quality and reliability. Things customers like about it include its ability to easily attach to the mixer, easy clean up, in-product-storage of knife and blades, sturdy build and easy assembly. It is important to note that a significant number of customers, approximately 10%, found that the grinder produced metallic shavings in with the ground meat as compared to the majority of customers who had no issues with it. To read more about what customers had to say, you can read their reviews here.
The KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment is available from Amazon and you can find the latest price for it here. The majority of customers found the attachment to perform satisfactorily however there is a small minority of people that are very unhappy with the metallic shavings they found in their ground meat. This is a situation where you can go with the majority or take notice of the customers who experienced the metallic shavings. In either case, you need to make your own judgement call on this one based on the reviews.